Info for Individuals
Make a bigger difference
To say thank you for your generous donations at Christmas, we find organisations who are willing to match your money and donate to your favourite causes when you do this Christmas. This means that there is no better time to donate than during the Christmas Challenge when you can make more of a difference to the charities you support by having your donation doubled.
How can you take part?
By donating online to one (or more) of the participating charities when the campaign goes live to have your donation doubled; remember it’s first come first served so get online as soon as you can.
The Christmas Challenge 2016 closed on Tuesday 6th December raising over £7.2 million for the 332 participating charities in just 7 days!
Why not sign up to our mailing list so we can remind you about getting your donation doubled in 2017?
- The maximum matched donation is £5,000 per donor per project. We accept all major credit and debit cards including American Express.
- Start the donation process when the campaign opens; you will see a clear message to indicate the Challenge has started. If you start the donation process before this and pre-fill the donation form, your donation will not be matched.
- If available, matching funds will be reserved for 10 minutes whilst you donate.
- You might be required to input your 3D secure details so make sure you have these to hand. Your 3D secure checks are controlled by your bank or card issuer so payments may not be processed if you fail to provide the correct details.
- Do not open multiple tabs in a browser to donate as this might lead to technical errors.
- We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as these browsers provide a smoother experience than Internet Explorer.