The Christmas Challenge
What is the Christmas Challenge?
The Christmas Challenge, founded by entrepreneur and philanthropist Sir Alec Reed CBE, is the UK’s biggest online match funding campaign which helps UK-registered charities raise funds for their cause. It offers supporters of participating charities the opportunity to have their donation doubled on theBigGive.org.uk when the campaign goes live on #GivingTuesday, 28th November 2017.
Since the Big Give launched the campaign in 2008, the Christmas Challenge has raised over £78 million for more than 2,800 charity projects.
Applications for the Christmas Challenge 2017 open on Monday 5th June 2017. To receive advice and top tips on applying to the campaign, register your charity’s interest by clicking the button below.
How does it work?
Am I eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for the Christmas Challenge 2017, your charity must:
- Be registered in the UK or have exempt status from HMRC (more information available in our Charity FAQs under ‘Registering on the Big Give’)
- Be registered on theBigGive.org.uk (sign up for free). If your charity is already registered, please ensure that your contact details are up to date so you receive our email communications about the campaign
- Have at least one year of filed accounts and an annual income of £25,000 or more (as per last filed accounts)
For more information, read the Christmas Challenge essential documents.
- Stage 1 Application: 5th June – 7th July (you must submit stage 1 by 7th July deadline to proceed)
- Stage 2 Application (pledge collection): 5th June – 1st September
- Notification: 18th September – 6th October
- Christmas Challenge: 28th November – 5th December
Confirmed Champions (match funding sourced by the Big Give)
More to be added as and when confirmed – watch this space!
[table id=1 /]
How to apply
Register your interest for the Christmas Challenge 2017 to receive key information on how to apply: